Note: The Street Sweeper cleans Downtown Main Street, twice a week on Tuesdays and Fridays. During summer months, we may choose to do bi-weekly sweeping.
The City of Monmouth Public Works Department works hard to keep our streets clean.
To maximize our efforts we need your help:
- Remove large debris from the street in front of your house.
- Remove vegetation growing in the gutter, this will also help with water flow.
- Properly trim your trees, so the sweeper can get to your curb.
- Please move vehicles,basketball hoops, and other obstacles from the street on your scheduled day.
- Please talk to your children about the benefit of a clean neighborhood and encourage them to dispose of litter properly.
Cleaning the streets is important to keeping an attractive City, preserving our streets, and keeping pollutants from entering the storm system and waterways.
"Together everyone achieves more."